Wedding Beauty Checklist
So as we are moving out of Bridal Season, I wanted to give our 2018 and 2019 Brides a checklist of things to do for your Beauty needs in the months prior to your up coming wedding.
9-12 months before:
- Decide on your wedding beauty budget. Don’t forget to include any Pre wedding treatments; such as facials, hair treatment’s, coloring, extensions, skin care regimen etc into your plans.
- Start a pinterest board to collect photo’s and inspiration of hair and makeup looks for your big day
- Decide if you want hair and makeup services done at studio/salon or onsite at your venue.
- If you are thinking about trying a new hair color or haircut now is the time to try it out.
6-9 months before:
- Schedule your bridal hair and Makeup trial run with stylist and Makeup artist of choice. Make sure you are comfortable with your stylist and Artist. Take photo’s of your end desired result to look at later and make changes as desired.
- Secure your date. Also your hair and Makeup services with desired stylist and artist.
4-6 months before
- Visit your dermatologist if you have any minor skin issues you want to address before your wedding.
- Test-drive any skin and body treatments to make sure you don’t have any bad reactions. Plan a schedule of services with your esthetician.
- Consult with a brow specialist if brows need to grow out and/or be reshaped.
1 month before
- Get a hair trim
- Begin an optional at home tooth-whitening treatment, or go in for a professional one
- Do a test run for spray tan if you are thinking of doing one for your wedding.
- Lock down time frame with your stylist and Artist to discuss time you need to be ready by ect.
Two weeks before
- Touch up your roots if your hair is colored. If you get to close to the wedding your skin around hairline can be stained for up to a couple days. You don’t want that for your wedding day.
- Prepare crystal clear directions to your wedding venue, and deliver them to everyone on your beauty team.
- Schedule Manicures and pedicures for the day before the wedding.
- To save time and stress pre pay for any beauty services scheduled for the day of the wedding.
1 week before
- Confirm all beauty Appointments.
- Get brows, bikini line, etc waxed.
- Arrange to have bridesmaids bring any hairpieces or accessories to the wedding venue, so you don’t have to worry about keeping track of them for your big day.
- Get final Facial and or body treatments to ensure maximum glow for your wedding.
- Get eyelash extensions done a week prior.
1-2 days before
- If you plan on doing a spray tan, Do it two days prior to your big day.
- Go in for your manicure and pedicure. It’s a good idea to bring your own colors so you can touchup any last minute chips if need be.
- Wash your hair for the last time before the wedding. Unless your hair is extremely greasy when not washed daily.
- Day-dirty hair holds style much better than freshly washed hair.
- Do a deep conditioning hair treatment or olaplex strengthening treatment with your regular stylist.
- Apply an at-home brightening facial( previously used as to not have an adverse reaction)approved by your esthetician.
The Wedding Day
- Shower four to five hours before your call time with tight shower capon to protect your hair.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your hands and double check your manicure. All eyes are on your new ring!
- Take your touch up essentials with you when you head to the ceremony
- Spritz perfume just as your leaving so you’ll still have it on when you walk down the aisle.
- Relax and enjoy! this is the day you have been working towards. Give your phone to your trusted maid of honor and let them handle minor details. Let your beauty team get you and your gorgeous bridesmaids ready. Drink some champagne, laugh and remember to have fun.